DM Screen PagePlanned
I thought it would be very nice for DMs to have a single screen with the most common information DMs tend to search for (conditions, healing potion values, possible combat actions, etc.). I believe this will help greatly in reducing the amount of searching through DDB that DMs have to do in order to verify rules. I imagine a single page with quicklinks that have the popup feature that spells have to quick-reference things. I'm sure the folks at DDB have plenty of statistics on the kinds of things DMs need to reference most often and would be able to put this together fairly quickly.
There are a lot of great suggestions here, but I am going to make a different one, because everyone here wants different ideas.
Do you remember a long time ago (like 10+ years) you could make a custom home page on Yahoo, and Google that you could bring in "widgets" of RSS data from different sources? You could drag and drop them and even resize some?
Imagine that with some parts of DnD Beyond. I could put my characters in one spot, with always visible passive stats. Hover over (or click) for a more detailed quick view. Things like that.
I'm imagining a simple tool where you have:
- Tabs at the top (or side or whatever) to select a "page" you are currently looking at.
- A single pre-fab page with a selection of commonly used text boxes for commonly used tables (maybe multiple pre-fab pages if people really want them - feature request).
- The ability to add/create a new text box / table to the current page -- you know, like a little + icon you can click and select from a tree of commonly used tables or an empty text box.
- The ability to move boxes around on the page (or move to another page).
- And the ability to create a new page (tab) so you can create your own custom pages.
I mean, it doesn't have to be Microsoft OneNote, but just something with a little bit of DnDBeyond style to it.
Please sign in to leave a comment.